- Partnering with us, or working for us to make these products more widely available
- Investing in our technologies
- Offering your expertise and knowledge
- Identify the top 4 or 5 features and/or benefits of your product and put them on the front of the package;
- Use the label to educate the customer, not just boast your product;
- Understand your competitive environment and the functional requirements of your customers, and make sure you address those on your packaging;
- Apply for a UPC code at the GS1 website so retails can easily integrate your product into their inventories.
- There are many packaging companies that can do this for you if you have the cheddah $$$ but this is in some ways the most important part of your product. Make sure they add true value if you go this route.
(If you are an aspiring entrepreneur, it might be a good idea to check out NEW VENTURE CREATION, a book by Jeffrey Timmons. But if you don't have $150 to shell out for the book,you might want to consider bootstrapping some resources from Venture Hacks, an amazing and free resource for everything entrepreneurship).
- Defining a goal;
- Getting the teammates to agree on their roles and responsibilities;
- Digging deeper into the details than "and then we make millions..." and anticipating as many of the challenges you will face as you can imagine, as early as possible.
Petroleum-based lighter fluids are obsolete. The EPA has been trying to get it off the shelves for years, and is now tightening up the standards on VOC emitting lighter fluids. Brands like Kingsford are being forced to put unrealistic serving sizes on their bottles so they can pass emissions tests. Kingsford is actively searching for our product, and has yet to come up with the solution we have a patent on.
The BioLighter Team
Biolighter is composed of 4 teammates, each proficient in different aspects of the business, and surrounded by a reputable network of industry leaders. We feel that our best assets of our business are:
- The deep knowledge of biofuels that Joe brings to the table;
- Brian's history of creating relationships and starting up 2 previous (mulit-million dollar) companies;
- Jolie's ability to go through the formal paper work, manage business accounts, and make sure BioLighter ready for the major league;
- Adam's academic rigor (financial modeling, business planning, etc.) marketing abilities, and active business management skills.
- We have also brought on a master retailer who is known for selling millions of dollars of new winning products. His ability to sell will give us introductions to top retailers and distributors.